From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kmod requires modules in kernel??
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:09:18
1 On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Ok, I am prepping for the udev update this weekend, getting everything
3 > updated that doesn't pull in the udev updates.
4 >
5 > First thing I did was to eliminate the module-init-tools<>kmod Blocker:
6 >
7 > emerge -C module-init-tools %% emerge kmod
8 >
9 > and noted the following warnings/errors:
10 >
11 > Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
12 > ERROR: setup
13 > CONFIG_MODULES: is not set when it should be.
14 > CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD: is not set when it should be.
15 >
16 > This is a server, and I do not WANT loadable modules enabled...
17 >
18 > So, how do I get rid of this warning/error? Or is this nothing to be
19 > concerned about if I do not want/need loadable modules?
20 >
21 > Thanks
24 The check is nonfatal; feel free to ignore it if you know what you are doing.