From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox + gentoo scrolling like a snail
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:44:57
1 It's weird.
2
3 Sometimes, but not always, when I click in the Firefox scrollbar, it starts
4 heading in the right direction in fits and starts of 5 pixels or so until it
5 (finallly) reaches the end. I've mostly observed this in the downward
6 direction, but I mostly scroll in that direction anyway so it might not mean
7 anything.
8
9 What's wrong about this is that a single click should not do this, and does
10 not do this, on any other scrollbar on my machine. A single click moves the
11 "thumb" thingie a fixed amount which depends on where you click. The worst
12 part is that the application won't do anything else until the scrolling is
13 finished, and the scrolling for a very tall page can take a couple of
14 minutes.
15
16 I keep trying to remember that dragging the "thumb" still works as expected,
17 but clicking is an old habit that's hard to drop.
18
19 Am I the only one seeing this?
22 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD