From: "Jesús Guerrero" <6thpink@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] espxe masked by missing keyword
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:41:15
1 El Miércoles, 9 de Agosto de 2006 08:59, Andrew Syrewicze escribió:
2 > Daniel Iliev wrote:
3 > > Andrew Syrewicze wrote:
4 > >> I've been trying to emerge epsxe but it is masked by a missing keyword?
5 > >> how do i go about unmasking this package??? I'm new to gentoo and
6 > >> portage.
7 > >>
8 > >> thanks all
9 > >>
10 > >> -ando
11 > >
12 > > Have you synced your portage tree recently with "emerge --sync" ?
13 > > My system lets me install this package:
14 > >
15 > > me@localhost ~ $ emerge -p epsxe
16 > >
17 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
18 > >
19 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
20 > > [ebuild N ] games-emulation/psemu-gpupetemesagl-1.76
21 > > [ebuild N ] games-emulation/psemu-peopsspu-1.0.9 USE="alsa oss"
22 > > [ebuild N ] games-emulation/epsxe-1.6.0-r3 USE="opengl"
23 > > me@localhost ~ $
24 >
25 > Yeah I synced it before I tried emerging the package. I'm useing the
26 > amd64 distro btw. Forgot to mention that.
27 >
28 > Is it maybe just a problem with the 64bit distro???
29
30 Yes, epsxe, zsnes, and most emulators, have parts in assembler that will not
31 compile or work as expected in any other arch than the one that they were
32 made for. Epsxe is not keyworded for amd64, I suppose, cause it would not
33 work in such architecture.
34
35 I dont have any accurate info about it, but if it is masked in amd64 is for a
36 reason. You can always try to add the ~amd64 keyword to the ebuild and the
37 emerge it, at your own risk, of course.
38
39 Jesús.
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list