From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] how to read movie clip duration in console?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 21:40:09
1 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Am Freitag, 4. November 2011, 19:05:23 schrieb Francisco Ares:
5 >> Hi, All
6 >>
7 >> Sorry for the OT, but Gentoo'ers are way above medium linux users.
8 >>
9 >> I have a bunch of movie clips and I wanted to build a table of contents
10 >> including clip duration. Instead of opening one at a time, is there any
11 >> application that I could user for a script?
12 >>
13 >> I though on mplayer, but I could not find a way for it to tell me the
14 >> duration of a clip.
15 > emerge exiftool
16 >
17 > exiftool<movie> | grep "^Duration"
18 >
19 >> Thanks
20 >> Francisco
21 > Best,
22 > Michael
26 I got to put that command in my savers file. I have always wondered
27 that too.
28
29 Any way to know for sure the whole movie is there without playing the
30 whole thing? Sometimes the end of mine gets cut off. I think one of
31 the sites I use has a limit and it cuts off the connection even if it is
32 in the middle of the show. The nerve of people. lol
33
34 Thanks. You helped two people today. ;-)
35
36 Dale
37