From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] showing files in numerical order
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:01:18
1 On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:27:34 +0200, Andy Mender wrote:
2
3 > You may be surprised, but this is the proper numerical order - the way
4 > Windows Explorer normally does it.
5
6 Ah well, it must be right then!
7
8 > Only the 1st digit is taken into account as you noticed.
9
10 All digits are taken into account, but not as digits. This is a lexical
11 sort based on characters, not numbers.
12
13 I don't use Gwenview, but if this option was there and then removed, I
14 would consider that worthy of a bug report.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.