From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mouse won't scroll anymore
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:21:41
1 > So, I guess this shows that the scroll wheel is sending a signal. I
2 > have no idea if it's getting to the right place
3
4 the problem is that not many people understand the hidden ways of
5 keyboard and mouse events from the hardware through the kernel to the
6 console or even X. Writing a valid and properly designed xorg.conf is
7 sort of alchemy (not only concerning mouse issues).
8
9 But anyway, we have to deal with it. I do not depend on the mouse wheel
10 so I decided to ignore this issue, I already spend enough time on my
11 computer ;-) .
12 But anyway it's a pity that it did work with X and it doesn't work with
13 x.org.
14
15 xev doesn't show any event, but when I do a cat /dev/input/mice and move
16 the wheel, at least the cursor in the shell moves. This doesn't mean
17 that there are *valid* events coming in, but at least there *are*
18 events coming in. The same happens for /dev/input/mouse0, while mouse1
19 and mouse2 belong to my trackstick and the touchpad. /dev/input/mice
20 only seems to collect the events of all mice.
21
22 Assumed the incoming events are valid, then it's likely that we only
23 need to figure out which protocol needs to be set in the xorg.conf. I
24 already tried some by trial and error, but maybe a systematic search
25 will help.
28 Best regards
31 ce
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list