From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is it that hard to add a package, or am I doing wrong?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 11:28:40
1 On 2018-12-20, YUE Daian wrote:
2
3 > On 2018-12-20 03:50, Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de> wrote:
4 >> Hi Danny,
5 >>
6 >> first I want to thank you for submitting your ebuild, and I'm quite sorry to
7 >> see another contributor who doesn't get responses for a long while. This is no
8 >> evil intention, just a lack of manpower and the lack of someone maintaining
9 >> your "new" package. (This was what jstein meant with his response[1]).
10 >>
11 > I do understand the situation of lacking manpower, also I realized made
12 > some mistakes in my ebuild file, so you do not have to apologize. :-)
13 >
14 >> Additionally bugzilla is seen as too impractical to use for new packages that
15 >> many don't get much attention there, only on github.com.
16 >>
17 > Well the Gentoo Wiki https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Submitting_ebuilds
18 > suggested that new ebuilds should be submitted via Bugzilla.
19 >
20 > Could you please tell me if it is still the recommended way?
21 > If not, IMHO it is better to change Wiki as well to prevent further
22 > misunderstanding.
23
24 I would like to ask again for a clarification about this. Last month, I
25 asked if there was some rule against using bugzilla, but there were no
26 replies:
27
28 https://marc.info/?l=gentoo-user&m=154318918422492&w=2
29
30 I do understand lack of manpower can affect new package requests. But
31 there are also bug reports with patches that have had zero feedback so
32 far. Of course these will also be affected by a manpower shortage, but
33 should be easier to handle than new package requests?
36 Nuno Silva