From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI-fails to boot
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 15:24:18
1 On Thursday, 25 January 2018 13:18:13 GMT Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > Thanks for the advice, now grub starts and I get the menu (now I just
3 > have to figure out why the kernel hangs after being loaded).
4
5 Glad you got it loading.
6
7 Check at what stage the kernel oops - this would point at what in the kernel
8 configuration has gone awry. You must build the chipset and filesystem
9 drivers in the kernel (not as loadable modules), which may even drop you in a
10 command prompt to troubleshoot from there.
11 --
12 Regards,
13 Mick