From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.2.1 : the undead has been killed
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:49:48
1 090413 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I've found out how to fix it: something is starting Plasma,
3 > so Htop to the rescue ! -- kill Plasma & the hideous mask is removed
4 > -- it appears at the very end of the KDE start-up process --
5 > & the handsome KDE 3 desktop backgrounds reappear
6 > together with the desktop menus called up by mouse clicks.
7
8 I didn't find out what was starting Plasma, but I fixed it :
9 'cd /usr/bin; mv plasma plasma-aside'. back to normal !
10 (clutches garlic, crucifix, incense ... )
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca