From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Writing a bash script or thinking about it anyway.
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:14:40
1 On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:19:37 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > »Q« wrote:
5
6 > > It's current and it's fine for Gentoo. It's in the portage tree as
7 > > app-doc/abs-guide, in case you want a local copy.
8 >
9 > I'm installing this and will give it a read when I get some free
10 > time. I hope this will not be to long.
11
12 I'd forgotten about this, but drobbins wrote a series of three "Bash by
13 Example" articles almost ten years ago, and the first two cover a lot
14 of the fundamental stuff. I found them useful when I was starting
15 out. (Heh, I'm not sure I'm done starting out.)
16
17 <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash.html>
18
19 Some of the Gentoo-specific things in the third article aren't true
20 any more, for example, "Bash is an essential component of the Gentoo
21 Linux ebuild system."
24 »Q«
25 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.