From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mouse dies after a few minutes
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:08:19
1 Hi all,
2 I'm running a 64 bit KDE setup in a laptop. In the last few days, the
3 mouse has become erratic and in fact dies after a bit of usage.
4
5 When KDE fires up, and I'm presented with the login dialogue, the mouse
6 will work for a few seconds, up to 30 say, then it freezes. If I get in
7 quick and enter the username/password, the mouse pointer will change
8 from the black login pointer to a slightly different shaped white
9 pointer and then freeze. The login process will continue and present me
10 with my environment, but no mouse. A Cntl-Alt-Del will bring up the Log
11 out/shutdown/restart dialogue and I can use the keyboard to select
12 either shutdown or restart.
13
14 The thing that is "freaky" is that this happens if the laptop is
15 running from batteries. If I have the machine plugged into the wall,
16 this problem does not exist.
17
18 Has anyone come across a problem like this? Any thoughts, greatly
19 appreciated.
20
21 Andrew