From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth Setup
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:56:45
1 I'm on an amd64 machine. Ever since I emerged some bluetooth programs
2 (from http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bluetooth-guide.xml) to set up a
3 bluetooth dongle my /var/log/kern.log gets filled up with messages like
4 the following.
5
6 Jun 10 06:26:51 host2 hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
7 connection handle 92
8
9 About 330 of these line get written to kern.log a second and eventually
10 my /var partition gets filled up.
11
12 Even after stopping bluetooth (/etc/init.d/bluetooth stop) these
13 messages still get written to the log.
14
15 The setup seemed to go well, but I don't have the sdpd process.
16
17 When I start bluetooth I get . . .
18 # /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
19 * Starting Bluetooth ...
20 * Starting hcid ... [ ok ]
21 * Starting rfcomm ... [ ok ]
22
23 The documentation says I should get . . .
24 # /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
25 * Starting Bluetooth ...
26 * Starting hcid ... [ ok ]
27 * Starting sdpd ... [ ok ]
28 * Starting rfcomm ... [ ok ]
29
30 I can find to much about the sdpd process. What does it do? Is it
31 needed or deprecated?
32
33 The two problems I'm having are:
34 1) The kern.log filling up which should stop once the setup is
35 correct, but until then I'd like to be able to stop whatever is doing it.
36 2) The sdpd process, I don't know why it didn't get installed and if
37 that's causing me problems.
40 The documentation to setup bluetooth seemed easy, I don't know why it
41 didn't work.
42
43 Thanks,
44 --dhk