From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Abut smb:// aware tools
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:00:28
1 Do we have tools other than Konqueror that are aware of smb/UNK
2 addressing?
3
4 Before you answer please note that:
5 I know about ssh
6 I know about fuse
7 I know about mount -tcifs
8
9 I'd really like to be able to use UNK addressing from the cmd line.
10
11 cd //host/share
12
13 I don't now how many of you have noticed but bash shell from cygwin on
14 windows has that capability built in. Or maybe it comes from windows
15 env.
16 You can do `cd //linux-host/share' in a bash terminal
17
18 If command line smb/UNK is not on without lots of diddling around, what
19 about some file managing tool that does it like Konqueror does.
20
21 Emacs is said to be able to do this using tramp but I haven't ever
22 gotten it to work.
23
24 Konqueror can do it... but I don't run kde, and don't really want to
25 fiddle with it in that direction.