From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about /etc/fonts/fonts.conf: How to enable subpixel rendering
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:19:17
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:33:35 +0100 Wolfgang Liebich
4 <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I've read the http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xorg_and_Fonts HOWTO. As
7 > I'm now a LCD screen user, I wanted to enable subpixel
8 > rendering. After reading the fonts.conf in /etc/fonts, I discovered
9 > that this config file includes all conf files in /etc/fonts/conf.d. In
10 > this directory there is a no-subixel.conf as well as a
11 > subpixel.conf.
12
13 Same for me. But looking at fc's installed files
14 ("equery files fontconfig") I think both of them are stale files from
15 older versions of fc.
16
17 > The ~/.fonts config is included before. What config
18 > entry does stick now? How is the real config determined? First fit?
19
20 Good question. If I interpret "man fonts-conf" correctly, both aren't
21 even incorporated because they don't start with a digit (0-9). That
22 doesn't exactly answer the question which would precedence, though, if
23 both would start with a digit.
24
25 -hwh
26 --