From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] networkless 2006.1 to kde ?
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 18:31:00
1 Hello,
2
3 I just installed an (K8 turion) using the 2006.1 liveCD and the networkless
4 option. It went smoothly.
5
6 I want to conver the gtk-ish install into kde, and this is where I have
7 borked the newly installed sytems. So here is a little scheme to get
8 to where I want to be, hopefully without borking this fresh install.
9
10 emerge gentoolkit
11 emerge --sync
12 emerge system?
13 emerge world?
14 <edit make.con>
15
16 <From this>
17
18 CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
19 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
20 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
21 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/home/wolf31o2/portage"
22 MAKEOPTS="-j4"
23 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=""
24 USE=" X alsa amd64 arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cli crypt cups dbus
25 dlloade
26 r dri dvd dvdr eds elibc_glibc emboss encode esd fam firefox fortran gdbm gif
27 gnome g
28 pm gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal input_devices_evdev input_devices_keyboard
29 input_devices_mo
30 use ipv6 isdnlog jpeg kde kernel_linux ldap libg++ mad mikmod mp3 mpeg ncurses
31 nls np
32 tl nptlonly ogg opengl oss pam pcre pdflib perl png ppds pppd python qt3 qt4
33 quicktim
34 e readline reflection sdl session spell spl ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts
35 type1-fo
36 nts udev unicode userland_GNU vorbis xml xorg xv zlib"
39 <to this>
40
41 CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
42 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
43 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
44 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/home/wolf31o2/portage"
45 MAKEOPTS="-j4"
46
47 INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse"
48 VIDEO_CARDS="radeon"
49
50 USE="-gtk -gnome X java qt kde nptl nptlonly sse sse2 mmx \
51 alsa apache2 calendar cups ldap dvd cdr \
52 divx4linux encode ethereal aac jack perl php mysql postgres spell
53 ssl \
54 tiff xv ffmpeg mplayer x264 usb ppds \
55 v4l v4l2 dvdr mjpeg jpeg lm_sensors quicktime xmms \
56 xvid mozilla mpeg scanneri doc xine \
57 theora nsplugin mythtv acpi a52 arts opengl win32codecs motif \
58 lesstif lirc truetype xprint acl xml xml2 bzip2 odbc \
59 threads libg++ directfb flac vorbis ogg audiofile gphoto2 \
60 csopce vcd libcaca mng sndfile mikmod snmp \
61 pda oggvorbis imagemagick wmf dvdread lzo \
62 xamim tga bl syslog css musepack fame dts real \
63 sasl async gimpprint logitech-mouse slp cli ctype mysql \
64 gd pcre png session dv xext zvbi hal dbus glx"
65
66 <this is form a similar portable where the profile is still 2006.0>
67 .........
68
69 emerge -uDNvp world?
70
71 emerge kde-meta?
72
73 So where do I search out all of the flags to see what has changes
74 I should make that are save do not bork the system? like [qt qt3 qt4]?
75 deprecated xmms? [nptl nptlonly]? etc etc...
76
77 <I'm asking because this is where I borked a previous install using
78 2006.1>
81 2. Build a new kernel before or after I make these 'make.conf changes?
82
83 Please make suggestions as to the order and any other critical steps
84 I'm proposing here.
87 sincerely,
88 James
93 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list