From: frares@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/sda* missing at boot
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 19:16:55
1 Em 18/08/2011 16:08, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> escreveu:
2 > On 18 August 2011 18:59, frares@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Hi, guys
5 > >
6 > > It is a shame, I know, but after several years using Gentoo, it is the
7 > first
8 > > time I try to build a kernel without "genkernel".
9 > >
10 > > And now I can't boot to that new kernel, it does not find (and really
11 > do not
12 > > have a) /dev/sda* root partition ("real-root"); during the boot it
13 > stops,
14 > > complaining about that, gives me the option to get a shell, from which
15 > I am
16 > > able to see that there is no /dev/sda* .
17 > >
18 > > I have included everything SATA, so it looks like that is not a kernel
19 > > problem, but a initramfs issue, I guess.
20 > >
21 > > What am I missing?
24 > Why have you choose this way? I mean, non-genkernel way.
27 > --
28 > - -
29 > -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
30 > http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
31 > -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell
35 That's recommended in the new install manual:
36
37 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?style=printable&full=1#book_part1_chap7
38
39 Look for item "7c". The alternative way is to use genkernel.
40
41 Francisco