From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound Servers and Such
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:44:20
1 On Thursday 13 October 2005 18:48, Michael Crute wrote:
2 > First I think I should start out saying that I don't have too much of a
3 > clue when it comes to Linux audio. Now that that's out of the way, I have a
4 > box that works at the moment with ALSA + ESD + Gstreamer + Gnome that
5 > allows me to do software mixing and all my sound works. The problem I am
6 > having is that I have this constant crackle when I'm listening to anything.
7 > I know its not EMF because the sound was clean when I had Windoze on the
8 > box. Its not so loud that it makes listening to anything unpleasant but it
9 > is quite annoying.
10
11 oh, it can be EMF.
12 Don't forget: linux is running usually at higher 'ticks' (1000 or 250) than
13 windows. And this may be to much for some cheap condensators/resistors on
14 your board.
15 Try 100 in your kernel config.
16
17 btw: I do not use any sounddaemon and let 'dmix' do all the mixing stuff.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list