From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PC freeze with ati-drivers and gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r3
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:54:47
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 22:00 +0200, Jannis Achstetter wrote:
4 > I don't say you have to but if I were you I would:
5 > - - update the xorg to 7.X
6 > - - build agpgart for your chipset into the kernel
7 > - - build the DRM for the ATI Radeon into the kernel
8
9 can you specify what kernel version you're using, and what the config
10 file names are for these two kernel options?
11
12 > - - configure xorg to use the "radeon"-driver (This is not just changing
13 > one line, you will have to reconfigure the whole section because the
14 > different drivers use different parameters)
15
16 I thought I'd try your suggestion, since I already have modular xorg,
17 and I'm getting fed-up with constantly-locking-up-ati-drivers.
18
19 Also, what options do you have set in your xorg.conf file? Maybe even
20 post your whole radeon "Device" section, if its small :)
21
22 that would help me out a bit, I think.
23
24 so far, I don't have dri (the Load "dri" command in xorg.conf locks up
25 my laptop)
26
27 thanks,
31 Many people write memos to tell you they have nothing to say.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list