From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get sound
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 19:19:02
1 On 14/05/06, Tito Valentin <tito@×××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Thierry,
4 >
5 > Here is what my sound card is based on lspci:
6 >
7 > 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER
8 > (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
9
10 Which I think needs this module:
11 =======================
12 snd-intel8x0
13 =======================
14
15 See: http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Intel#matrix
16
17 > I can add the card manually when I do:
18 >
19 > # modprobe snd
20
21 I doubt that you are adding anything to be honest, unless there is
22 such a module called "snd". Also, if you also pass the -v option to
23 modprobe it will tell you what's happening.
24
25 I suggest that you recompile your kernel adding the appropriate module
26 for your hardware. Then run: # modprobe -v snd-intel8x0, while you
27 keep an eye on dmesg.
28
29 You may have to also select your device in XMMS
30 (Options/Preferences/Alsa Output Plugin/Configure.
31
32 Good luck. :-)
33 --
34 Regards,