From: Michael Scherer <a6702894@××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] laptop screen goes dark in boot
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:54:56
1 did you look at the logs? if you haven't already looked at them dmesg and /var/log/rc.log
2 have information that could help you pinpoint the problem.
3 one of the earlier live-cds had that problem and I got around it by starting the the cd with
4 "gentoo noacpi nox" options though I doubt this can help in your case.
5 could you provide some more information like the logs, the loader conf files and may be
6 .config of your kernel make?
7
8 michael
11 Michael Scherer
12 Univ.klinik f. Psychiatrie
13 email: michael.scherer@×××××××××××××.at
14 phone: +43 6991 941 22 54
15
16 ----- Original Message -----
17 From: Zhang Jun
18 To: gentoo-user
19 Sent: Sunday, 22 April, 2012 08:25
20 Subject: [gentoo-user] laptop screen goes dark in boot
23 laptop: asus F3TC, amd Turion, NV-go7300
24 kernel-3.0.17-r1 tuxonice
25
26 screen goes dark just after I see the linux boot logo,
27 when using kernel 2.6.x, I even do not use hotkey to control lcd backlight, default light is ok,
28 but now, it goes dark, re-compiled kernel many times, but no luck,
29
30 in kernel acpi config page, I did't see the "video" module, and seems no /proc/acpi/video/ .
31
32 is there anyone have met this problem and have solution ?
33
34 thanks!