From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: reiserfsprogs
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:56:30
1 On Monday 30 July 2007, "Kent Fredric" <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Re: reiserfsprogs':
3 > On 7/30/07, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > > 5) If (2) indicates corruptions that can only be corrected by
5 > > --rebuild-tree
6 > > b) Begin praying.
7 >
8 > This guy knows his stuff. Last time I used reiser I didn't pray enough
9 > to keep it going
10
11 All joking aside, I've recovered reiserfs much more often than I've gotten
12 anything useful out of a bad ext2/3 filesystem.
13
14 You have to know it's limitations, but I've had a growing reiserfs file
15 system for over two years now that I've had to --rebuild-tree on at least
16 3 times and never lost a drop of data.
17
18 My ext2/3 boot patition has died a similar number of times, and no amount
19 of e2fsck gave me any data back (but luckily, /boot is fairly easy to
20 rebuild).
21
22 I swear *by* reiser much more often than I swear *at* reiser, but I've done
23 both.
26 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
27 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
28 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
29 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/