From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More splash problems
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:42:08
1 On 23 August 2005 20:14, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 Sorry, forgot this in my other posting.
4
5 > Oh, and btw, Nagatoro... it's silly, but just open up your grub.conf
6 > with nano and make sure that some word-wrap somewhere didn't mess up
7 > your kernel line. That happened to me a couple of times, and in that
8 > respect, Matthias is on to something: if the line wraps to another line
9 > (with some kind of soft return), and is not really all on one line as it
10 > is supposed to be, the second half of the kernel line (after the soft
11 > wrap) will be ignored. So opening up the file with nano and going to the
12 > beginning of any apparently wrapped line and hitting Backspace to pull
13 > it all together is not a bad idea.
14
15 This can be easily proved. Do "cat /proc/cmdline" and check whether the output
16 matches the line in grub.conf.
17
18 Uwe
21 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
22 developers. - Linus Torvalds
23
24 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
25 --