From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why you've chosen your desktop environment? (no war !)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:52:36
1 On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I understand that Google offers two factor authentication
4 > (https://www.google.com/landing/2step/#tab=how-it-works) for its services, but
5 > if you have not signed up for it you only need a single google account passwd
6 > to login. KDEWallet/Akonadi saves this when you create the google calendar
7 > resource and doesn't ask for it again. Of course, KDEWallet will ask for the
8 > master passwd, but depending on how you have configured it this would only
9 > happen once per login session.
12 I have signed up for it, and therefore KDE needs to either:
13 1. Prompt for a 2-factor code on every login and either use the
14 cached google password or prompt for it as well.
15 2. Use a google application-specific password. This does not require
16 a 2-factor code and operates fairly simliarly to how things work
17 without 2-factor.
18
19 I just tried re-connecting KDE with Google. It prompts you to login
20 via a webpage and authorize the application. This login screen does
21 not accept an application-specific password. I doubt it will persist
22 beyond a single login, but we'll see...
23
24 Rich