From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] trouble with alsasound
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:40:09
1 I have not been able to get alsasound working on my gentoo-gnome
2 system.
3
4 I followed the gentoo guide and did make progress.
5 From the main (foot) menu, system --> preference --> sound
6 produces a dialog box with three tabs.
7
8 The first tab is devices. They are all set to autodetect and when I
9 press test on the three playback devices, I do hear sound.
10
11 The second tab is sounds. When I click on any of the "Play" boxes
12 *no* sound is produced. The corresponding files are present and I
13 am in the audio group.
14
15 The machine is a dell optiplex 845. Lspci shows
16 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family)
17 HD Audio Controller (rev 02)
18
19 I have the following kernel options set
20
21 #
22 # Sound
23 #