From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg 7.0 upgrade questions
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:51:03
1 Hello,
2
3 I have successfully upgraded several gentoo systems, (workstations and
4 laptops) to xorg-x11 7.0, without incident.
5
6 On a clevo portable, I did the same thing, following:
7 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml
8
9 During the install, it hung upon xkb so it told me to remove:
10 /usr/lib/X11/xkb
11
12 I did what what suggested, thinking it would get rebuilt.
13
14 I used 'equery belongs xkb' and rebuilt those packages:
15 x11-apps/xkbcomp and x11-misc/xkeyboard-config
18 Still in /etc/X11/xkb the symbolic link flashes red
19 indicated that /usr/lib/X11/xkb does not exit.
20
21 KDM will not fire up automactically. So I log
22 in and run 'startx' and here are the errors I get:
23
24 'failed to load module "kbd" (modules does not exist, 0)'
25 and
26 'Cannot open device /dev/input/mice No such file or dir'
27
28 On the mouse issue 'ls /dev/input' shows only this dir:
29 by-path
30
31 On my other xorg 7.0 systems I get this:
32 # ls /dev/input
33 event0 event1 event2 mice mouse0 mouse1
36 I've hacked at this a while but not making any progress...
37
38 Ideas?
41 James
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list