From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge world
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:16:29
1 On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 04:30:43 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2
3 > > From time to time an emerge world fails to update every possible
4 > > package because of a failure with one that causes the whole process
5 > > to fail. I remember reading about a tool which would continue to
6 > > upgrade/install packages whether some failed or not and then pipe the
7 > > list of problematic packages to a file. Does anyone know what the the
8 > > name of that tool is or any other tool that might have a similar
9 > > behavior to the one I just described?
10 >
11 > emerge <options> world || until emerge --resume --skipfirst; do :; done
12
13 Add "; emerge <options> -p world" to the end and you'll also get a list of
14 the packages that failed.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Top Oxymorons Number 31: Small crowd