From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Managing multiple systems with identical hardware
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 18:37:42
1 >> I'm slowly coming to conclsuion that you are trying to solve a problem
2 >> with Gentoo that binary distros already solved a very long time ago. You
3 >> are forcing yourself to become the sole maintainer of GrantOS and do all
4 >> the heavy lifting of packaging. But, Mint and friends already did all
5 >> that work already and frankly, they are much better at it than you or I.
6 >
7 >> > I think it will work if I can find a way to manage the few differences
8 >> > above. Am I overlooking any potential issues?
9 >
10 > I think Grant Should look at CFengine, if he is not familar
11 > with it. It is the traditional 800 pound Gorrilla when it comes
12 > to managing many systems. Surely there are folks there in those
13 > forums that can help Grant filter his ideas until they are
14 > ready for action. CFengine is in portage.
15 >
16 > Alan may be right, as CFengine (or whatever) may work better
17 > with a binary distribution and is probable more tightly integrated
18 > with something like debian or such OSes.
19
20 Can you give me a general idea of how my workflow might be with a
21 solution like that?
22
23 - Grant