From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:47:33
1 Al wrote:
2 >> Can we just argue over the which came first, the chicken or the egg? o_O I
3 >> seriously doubt there is going to be a news thingy for Gentoo, not unless
4 >> you go make one yourself. So, why keep arguing over it? The people you are
5 >> talking to can't set one up even if they thought Gentoo did need one.
6 >>
7 > Arguing is thinking. Sometimes it worth thinking even if you don't
8 > expect a direct result. People wouldn't answer to this thread, if it
9 > wouldn't have any worth for them to think about. At least it's a way
10 > to estimate the overall situation.
13 >> Only YOU can go file the bug report and ask for it.
14 >>
15 > It's not done by filing a bug. It's not a bug anyway.
16 >
17 > Al
21 This shows you don't know how Gentoo works. If you want to add
22 something to Gentoo, you file the request there whether it is a program,
23 some neato feature you came up with or anything else. If they think it
24 is a good idea, it will get discussed there, mostly by the devs.
25 Arguing, talking, discussing it here is going to get you absolutely
26 nothing. I don't think the people that can actually make a news thingy
27 even read this list, tho there may be a few that do.
28
29 Since posting here isn't going to get you what you want, why not file
30 the request on the bug link and see what they say? You're not going to
31 get anything any other way.
32
33 Dale
34