From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage sends faulty emails
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:58:57
1 On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:46:19 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 >
5 > > This seems like a good idea, but they are all bouncing. I'm not sure
6 > > where it's happening, but "localhost" is being glued onto the real
7 > > sender domain to form localhost.kosmanor.com -- which does not exist --
8 > > causing a bounce from my email provider.
11 > Are you using ssmtp to send them? If so, you need to set hostname
12 > in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf.
15 > --
16 > Neil Bothwick
17 >
18 > "I need your clothes, your boots, and your tagline!"
21 I have no idea how they are being sent. This just started autonomously. I
22 don't even know off hand what ssmtp is.
23
24 ++ kevin
27 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD