From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone have any trouble with rc_parallel="YES" ?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:19:21
1 On Tuesday 19 July 2011 10:58:22 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:02:08 +0200, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
3 > > In any case, placebo effects aside as always, all you'll gain from
4 > > this will be a couple of seconds.
5 >
6 > That depends on your circumstances. For example, if you have a slow DHCP
7 > server, or mount several network shares over a slow/busy network, you
8 > avoid waiting for these tasks to complete.
9
10 won't help you much with dhcp. At least here. But it helps a lot with
11 local.start.
12
13 For example: to save some boot time I mount all the non-important stuff,
14 /mnt/movies for example, in local.start. Saves a couple of seconds and it
15 isn't a problem that I am not able to access them while typing my password.
18 #163933