From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-224 Look out for new networking behavior
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 15:12:46
1 On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 08:03:11 -0700, walt wrote:
2
3 > I've been running systemd for a long time without needing to enable
4 > the dhcpcd service at boot time. Starting with systemd-224 that is no
5 > longer true. Today I had to enable dhcpcd.service specifically or the
6 > network interface didn't get an ip address during boot.
7
8 What are you using for network management? I've just found I had to
9 enable systemd-networkd.service to get the network up. Of course, this
10 happens just when I made some changes to my network setup, so I started
11 undoing those changes before realising systemd had changed behaviour.
12 Maybe I should start reading Changelogs...
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
19 - Mark Twain