From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OO fails with useless 65280 error on unoxml
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:10:29
1 >> I've been getting the same silly OpenOffice compile error for a couple
2 >> weeks now.  Nothing I can search up or think of seems to do the trick.
3
4 >> Here's the end of the output during compile:
5 >>
6 >> 1 module(s):
7 >>       unoxml
8 >> need(s) to be rebuilt
9 >
10 > I had hoped to never ever see this error again, looks like my hopes were
11 > dashed.
12 >
13 > Long answer: The reason for the failure is in the build log, but it is never
14 > just above the error message. It is often many 1000s of lines higher.
15 > bugs.gentoo.org is infested with bug reports of this kind of thing, to get any
16 > meaningful answer you *MUST* follow the instructions in the ebuild and build
17 > with "MAKEOPTS=-j1", also switch off distcc and cachecc as well.
18
19 Using the ebuild instructions for building, the compile still fails,
20 but the error above the fail is very slightly more useful:
21
22 Entering /var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-3.1.1/work/ooo/build/ooo310-m19/unoxml/source/rdf
23 217 Compiling: unoxml/unxlngi6/misc/unordf_dflt_version.c
24 218 Compiling: unoxml/source/rdf/CBlankNode.cxx
25 219 Compiling: unoxml/source/rdf/CURI.cxx
26 220 Compiling: unoxml/source/rdf/CLiteral.cxx
27 221 Compiling: unoxml/source/rdf/librdf_repository.cxx
28 222 Compiling: unoxml/source/rdf/librdf_services.cxx
29 223 Making: libunordfli.so
30 224 : ERROR: ../../unxlngi6.pro/lib/check_libunordfli.so: undefined
31 symbol: librdf_free_storage
32 225 dmake: Error code 1, while making '../../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libunordfli.so'
33 226
34 227 ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making
35 /var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-3.1.1/work/ooo/build/ooo310-m19/unoxml/source/rdf
36 228 rmdir /tmp/30017
37 229 make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1
38
39 So we at least can say that redland libraries are somehow related to
40 the problem at hand. The only similar error I could find on google
41 (http://www.mail-archive.com/allbugs@××××××××××.org/msg391683.html)
42 appears independent of OO and implicates libcrypto as a problem.
43
44 With this information in mind, I re-emerged redland and openssl
45 (libcrypto belongs to openssl).
46
47 I was digging through the emerge logs, and I have successful builds of
48 OO-3.0.0 from a couple months ago. The thing that is very interesting
49 is that code that is failing in 3.1.1 (librdf_*.cxx) was never even
50 compiled in 3.0.0! The objects are there, the C++ codes are patched,
51 but they are never compiled according to the emerge log.
52
53 Having read the similar error from redland, I also notice something
54 else suspicious:
55
56 Log from 3.0.0 successful build:
57 checking which redland library to use... internal
58
59 Log from 3.1.1 failed build:
60 checking which redland library to use... external
61
62 If you didn't read the link on the only similar bug I googled, here is
63 an excerpt:
64 > Building (with o3-build) fails because redland links agains the system's version
65 > of libcrypt. It later fails in unoxml because the linked-in lib is not found
66 > anymore:
67
68 The error itself is quite similar, although the undefined reference
69 itself is different (excerpt from above link):
70 > Checking DLL ../../unxlngi6.pro/lib/check_libunordfli.so ...: ERROR:
71 > libcrypto.so.0.9.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
72 > dmake: Error code 1, while making ´../../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libunordfli.so´
73
74 So why is OO using the external (system) redland libraries which are
75 later not found, and how can I force it to use the internal redland
76 libraries? (Please note: for this discussion, "external library" is
77 the same as "system library")
78
79 There's no use flag, but the openoffice ebuild suggests:
80
81 # Upstream this
82 echo "--with-system-redland" >> ${CONFFILE}
83
84 I should note that in the 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 ebuilds (I have them on
85 backup -- they were removed from portage) redland is not a direct
86 dependency of OO, and in fact, if you search the older ebuilds for
87 'redland' you won't find any occurrences.
88
89 So, time to comment that line out, ebuild digest, and /var/log... |
90 tail -f | grep redland
91 checking which redland library to use... internal
92
93 Now I wait for the compile. I suspect at least something should be
94 different this time. Will post with a further report since this issue
95 seems more serious than I at first suspected.
96
97 Also..Walt: I checked all the java items as suggested, but nothing was
98 out of place to my eye; thanks for the sanity check, though.
99
100 Regards,
101 daid