From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:47:17
1 I'm looking for an idea to duplicate my old gentoo system.
2 I'm using old programs that require older version php, ( PHP Version
3 5.6) the program is not compatible with newer php. 7.4 and apache 2.2
4
5 Gentoo is install on 1TB SSD (/dev/sda)
6 The new 2TB SSD is M.2 (so it has a strange name)
7
8 1.) Is my option only:
9 dd if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/sdY bs=64K conv=noerror,sync
10
11 If I duplicate the drive this way I'll end-up with two partitions, as
12 I'll have 1TB free on a new drive. Or is there a way to resize
13 partition on M.2 SSD
14
15 2.) Another options, I could dig-out the old programs from "attic", but
16 that will not be an easy job.
19 Thelma