From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is there a way to repair a corrupted emerged package?
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 23:37:33
1 On Tuesday, 5 November 2019 21:44:51 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > I then tried to repeat this process, to see if I could get libcap
3 > installed and so get further with virtualbox, but for some reason, my
4 > other computer - although it also has virtualbox installed, has
5 > libcap-2.24*-r2*.ebuild instead of libcap-2.24.ebuild and worse, a
6 > libcap-2.*25*.tar.xz !!! Ebuild on the crashed machine isn't taking it.
7
8 If the two PCs have different arc/CPU/CFLAGS etc. some things won't work just
9 by copying them over.
10
11 Once you finished with your fsck, it would probably be better to boot a known
12 good kernel and tool-chain, a.k.a. a LiveUSB/DVD, chroot into your damaged
13 system, re-sync portage and rebuild world. Otherwise, you'll be fighting this
14 war a battle at a time, not knowing what corrupt/missing file you'll come
15 across next.
18 Regards,
19 Mick