From: Carlos Hendson <skyclan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:47:52
1 On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 10:57 -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Give it time. Something will need /home on the root partition next.
3 > Like someone else posted, we are headed towards windows land with
4 > this.
5 > I won't be surprised if /boot will have to be on / next too.
6 >
7 > Dale
8 >
10
11 Funnily enough, Windows 7 implements a separate boot partition from the
12 default system partition. The partition is not only a boot partition
13 but a has rescue environment also.
14
15 How the tables are turning ... go figure.
16
17 Carlos
20 Sent using GNU/Linux - Perpetuate Freedom.