From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on rpi
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 11:49:59
1 On 09/02/21 11:29, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > On 8/2/21 11:36 pm, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> Hello list,
4 >>
5 >> I have a Pi 400, on which I'd like to install Gentoo if I can. I've
6 >> tried a
7 >> few approaches so far, but each one has fallen foul of some obstacle. For
8 >> instance, today I tried installing a small Gentoo system into a
9 >> chroot, to do
10 >> the compiling there. It seemed to be going well until time came to
11 >> upgrade
12 >> openssl. It stopped when it couldn't cope with the ARM platform. Zlib
13 >> also
14 >> failed, needing static compilation, I think.
15 >>
16 >> I see references to using crossdev, wine and taking a prebuilt system
17 >> from
18 >> various sources, but I haven't found a way through yet.
19 >>
20 >> What setup do people use for compiling for Raspberry Pi?
23 > I'm about to try this:
24 >
25 > https://github.com/sakaki-/gentoo-on-rpi-64bit
26 >
27 > for a couple of 3's and then some 4's when they turn up. Have you tried
28 > it and it fails?
29 >
30 Bear in mind apparently a normal pi boot setup doesn't work on the 400.
31 Don't know anything about it except apparently if you stick a card for
32 the pi 3 or 4 in a 400, it won't boot. It needs to be optimised for the 400.
33
34 Cheers,
35 Wol