From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 18:02:44
1 On Saturday, 7 May 2022 20:32:19 BST Jack wrote:
2
3 > Not a direct help, but maybe it will trigger some ideas - the only time
4 > I've seen any message about bluetooth profiles has been with a pair of
5 > noise-canceling headphones. They work fine for either "High Fidelity
6 > PLAYBACK (A2DP Sink)" or "Handsfree Head Unit (HFP)" but the last
7 > profile is always "Headset Head Unit (HSP) (unavailable)". These are
8 > all in the dropdown for the headset in the pulseaudio voluime control
9 > app, once the device is connected. I just connected my BT speaker,
10 > and it only shows the first two profiles, so at least it appears to
11 > recognizes that it doesn't have a mic. You should be able to get
12 > similar info from the bluetoothctl command.
13
14 Thanks anyway, Jack, but I just can't get it to work. I think I'll just have
15 to go back to the old 3.5mm jack connector.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.