From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DRI doesn't work with Radeon XPress 200M and opensource Drivers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:08:26
1 Jerônimo Backes <germanobax <at> yahoo.com.br> writes:
4 > Sorry about the mail with html...
5 >
6 > I've tried everthing I found on google and the forums and still can't
7 > find the way to make DRI work with my ATI Radeon XPress 200M and the
8 > opensource drivers.
9 >
10 > I don't want to install the closed source because I want to use beryl,
11 > and these drivers can't do the job, AFAIK.
14 You might want to read about this video hardware on an
15 HP pavilion laptop, particulary the part about the
16 'ATI Radeon XPress 200M '
17
18 It seems the only way to get 3D is with ati-drivers....
21 Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE)
24 I also have an HP 8000 pavilion portable, but, I'm using radeon
25 with DRI/DRM......
26
27 Until I get bzflag working with an ATI 1900 card on a pcie mobo
28 I'm not going to mess with 3D on the HP pavilion 8000.
29
30 hth,
31
32 James