From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntpd clock adjusting
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:10:27
1 Am Freitag, 27. Juli 2007 schrieb Aleksey V. Kunitskiy:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've just deployed my home server, of course using Gentoo :)
5 > I setup openntpd there and /var/log/messages says to me that every few
6 > minutes clock is adjusted by ~100s. Is it a bug or I've missed smth?
7 > chipset: nForce2
8 > And, btw, what is also strange - ntpd use different time in different log
9 > message types. Actual local time was 22h (GMT+3). System clock is UTC
10 > (note: I've terminated several times ntpd - I've changed servers, I hoped
11 > it help, but...)
12 >
13 > thanks for any suggestion
14
15 Don't know openntpd because I'm using ntpd, but: It seems the numbers are
16 decreasing, so it looks like normal operation. At some point time will be
17 adjusted completely.
18
19 You may also try running ntpd with -s once at boot time before starting the
20 daemon permanently.
21
22 HTH...
23