From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] Manifest local ebuild - bump version
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 06:49:34
1 How bump version and manifest local ebuild.
2 I copied barcode-0.99.ebuild to local/portage and tired to bump version
3 mv barcode-0.99.1.ebuild
4 ebuild /usr/local/portage/app-text/barcode/barcode-0.99.1.ebuild manifest
5
6 but when I try to manifest it, it can not find barcode-0.99.1.tar.gz (it
7 doesn't exist).
8
9 I was trying to apply this patch to current version:
10 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-barcode/2020-01/txtvoVMhO66kP.txt
11
12 I can manifest (with the patch) current version: barcode-0.99.ebuild
13 but renaming it after manifesting won't work, it complain about Manifest
14 mismatch.
15 I was trying to bump the version, so I can distinguish local from the
16 official one.
17
18 If I keep the version the same, how to point emerge to "local/portage".
19 Do I unmerge the official one and keep the one in local/portage?