From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raid 1 problems
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:51:15
1 On Sunday 21 October 2007 19:08:21 Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > following http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_Install_on_Software_RAID
5 > and some other docs, I moved my system to RAID 1.
6 > Using gentoo LiveCD, all my config worked fine: I was able to mount md0
7 > and md1 (at this point my only raid devices) and see data.
8 >
9 > So after ensuring my raid was sync, I decided to boot to my normal
10 > system, and I found that my system was not able to boot because it said
11 > something about my filesystem in md1, a message like:
12 >
13 > The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 104420 blocks
14 > The physical size of the device is 104320 blocks
15 > Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
16 > Abort<y>? yes
17 >
18 > (don't look at block number cause it refers to md0, and original
19 > message was about md1).
20
21 with /dev/md0 unmounted:
22
23 resize2fs -f /dev/md0
24
25 > So, I decided to set dump/pass option to 0 in my fstab so fs won't be
26 > check at next start.
27 > After that, it booted fine, but I'd like to repair my system, and now,
28 > md0 complains about fs too...
29 >
30 > # cat /proc/mdstat
31 > Personalities : [raid1]
32 > md1 : active raid1 hdf3[0]
33 > 8112704 blocks [2/1] [U_]
34 >
35 > md0 : active raid1 hdh1[1] hdf1[0]
36 > 104320 blocks [2/2] [UU]
37 >
38 > So, anyone could tell what to do for reparing mdX?¿
39
40 mdadm --manage /dev/md1 --add /dev/hdh3
41
42 Then make sure hdh3's partition type is 'fd' raid autodetect.
45 Mike Williams
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list