From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: ML Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xen questions
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 14:38:47
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I saw recently on some others threads that virtualization is being used by some
4 of you. So, i have a question : currently, i'm running a dedicated server under
5 Xen 3.3.1 and xen-sources-2.6.18-r12, with 11 domUs, all running Gentoo of
6 course, and on amd64. But, i was wondering about the used kernel version.
7
8 Indeed, these one begin to be very old, and i saw that on some other linux
9 distributions, the used kernel version is 2.6.25. So here are my questions :
10
11 - why 2.6.21 stays masked on ~arch (last entry in changelog date of 31/08/2008) ?
12 - is someone still working on Xen in Gentoo ?
13 - i know about kvm, so is there any reason to migrate to KVM instead of Xen ?
14
15 Thanks a lot for your opinion.
16
17 Best regards.