From: Novensiles divi Flamen <noven@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stability Testing of a new server
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:31:27
1 On Monday 06 November 2006 23:35, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > > I think running the build in a testing environment first is
3 > > your best bet.
4 > >
5 > > -Mike
6 >
7 > Mike:
8 >
9 > I agree and in essence this is what I have done, the system is built and
10 > sitting there, what I need to know is how to test the system in that
11 > environment to make sure its gonna work properly
14 If you want to be really thorough set it up (as you have done) and then try to
15 use it for the intended purpose. Sit down and go through every step taken in
16 an average day or user session. Intentionally do things wrong to see how it
17 handles it. Then rope a few students in to sit down and use it for an average
18 session - users have a habit of breaking simple things that work the admin ;)
19 If you want to stress test it run a few compiles or similar that will take
20 lots of cpu time.
21
22 On top of that check out http://www.opensourcetesting.org/
23