From: Gabriel Striewe <linux@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] write failed on dvd with growisofs [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:04:26
1 On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 06:06:18PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > linux@×××××××××××××××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > > Ritek may not be the best media quality. Did you try Verbatim?
5 > > >
6 > > >
7 > > > J?rg
8 > >
9 > > They were from Aldi, however I used also CDR from there, they seem to
10 > > be manufactured by Plasmon Data Systems (both are labeled
11 > > Tevion). With those CDR I have usually no problem. I realize however
12 > > that my DVDRW which work without problems are from Verbatim. So I will
13 > > try out Verbatim DVD+R and report back to the list how it's going.
14 >
15 > Not all drives work well with all media.
16
17 This issue is solved, VERBATIM media worked fine.
18
19 Thanks a lot for your help.
20
21 Gabriel