From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Grub problems on old proliant
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:57:42
1 When I run "grub-install/dev/boot" (following the manual) I i get the error "grub-install: error: cannot find a GRUB for /dev/boot.  Check your device map"  I looked at the /boot partition and there is no device map.
2
3 I'm installing gentoo running debian.  I have another os so the boot partition should be properly set up.  This is on an ancient hp proliant dl385, Gen 1.  debian is running grub 2.02~beta3-5.  This machine does not use uefi, and the raid driver is in the kernel.
4
5  Do i need to hack together the device map or?  Any help appreciated, thank you.
6
7 Unfortunately i'm more familiar with grub legacy than grub2, studying manual now (it's very verbose and takes a bit to absorb enough to use it.
8
9 mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
10 --
11 God bless the rich, the greedy and the corrupt politicians they have put into office.   God bless them for helping me do the right thing by giving the rich my little pile of cash.  After all, the rich know what to do with money.