From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new installation - partitions
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 09:29:20
1 On 05. sep. 2014 04:44, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > It is possible to boot in EFI mode off of a USB, as I used a Mint ISO
3 > to boot from in EFI mode. I would presume the USB needs to have the
4 > FAT partition that EFI requires. Dan
5 Sounds good. Having /boot on a stick makes it easy to have whatever I
6 might need available when my fancy-schmanzy root-fs fails to show up at
7 boot :-) .
8 Always have a known good kernel and initramfs to fall back on, and tuck
9 away some extra tools on the stick. Put some (statically linked)
10 *parted,lvm,md and formatting binaries on there and you can easily
11 rearrange things before mounting the root fs.