From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Peeve - finding kernel config options
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:50:37
1 On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:41:22 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > > Run make menuconfig
4 > > Press /
5 > > Type FHANDLE
6 > >
7 > > Then you can see it is enabled by switching on systemd support in the
8 > > Gentoo specific options.
9 >
10 > I did say that I know how to search - that is how I was able to find it.
11 >
12 > But... I don't WANT to switch on systemd support.
13
14 All that does is enable options needed by systemd, and udev is part of
15 systemd. It's nothing more than a convenient shortcut, it doesn't install
16 systemd. On the first system I tried to do this on, I needed to enable
17 that option before the FHANDLE option even showed up.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed.