From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] davfs2 suddenly not working properly
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 03:46:45
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 9:16 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:

> Hi. After my last world update, davfs2 is not working properly. > > I use it to mount my owncloud instance and it mounts fine, but the > umount <directory where owncloud is mounted> always segfaults and > leaves the mount alone. Now, I can force to unmount by doing > umount.davfs followed by the URL in question, but then the cache is > never synced, so I just have to wait a while to make sure. >
You could run 'sync && umount.davfs' instead of waiting.
> > The log says its seg faulting and claims that a core dump has > occurred, but I can't find such a thing. Google and bgo reveal > nothing. I am using the unstable gentoo and the glibc library was > updated to2.29-r1 -- there is an r2, but I have not updated to it. > >
Can you paste the messages here? If it were me i'd just do these and try again after each step to see if any of them help - update glibc and reboot - try rebuilding util-linux and davfs2 - run 'strace umount <directory where owncloud is mounted>' Even though i don't understand a lot of the output, its possible to see libraries failing to load, or files unreadable etc