From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: flickering thunderbird and firefox
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:57:12
1 Am 19.02.2014 14:40, schrieb walt:
2 > On 02/19/2014 01:55 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >>
4 >> For a week or so I see flickering applications here.
5 >>
6 >> I thought it would help to upgrade nvidia-drivers but even todays update
7 >> didn't help.
8 >>
9 >> I rebuilt thunderbird-24.3.0 and nvidia-drivers-334.16-r7 ... I also
10 >> didn't find anything matching at bgo.
11 >>
12 >> This is gnome-3.10, I know, masked stuff ... but it worked without a
13 >> problem until this.
14 >
15 > Until what, exactly? I use qlop -l to review the list of recent updates,
16 > which gives me clues about what packages to suspect.
17
18 I can't tell the date ... you know: something happens, one thinks it
19 will soon go away and lives with it ... tries something which doesn't
20 help and days go by ...
21
22 > Also, you should try thunderbird-bin to see if the official build has the
23 > same problem.
24
25 good idea, will do, thanks!
26
27 btw: my thinkpads don't show this behavior. Same gnome, kernel,
28 thunderbird, but intel-based graphics. So it smells like nvidia ...