From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: upgrading (profiles, too)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 15:32:20
1 On Thu, 30 May 2019 15:38:34 +0100
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday, 30 May 2019 02:18:01 BST Dale wrote:
5 >
6 > > I haven't tested the 17.1 profile yet. If you are unsure, I'd just
7 > > use 17.0 and wait until 17.1 is released.
8 >
9 > The 17.1 profile does away with separate /lib directories as
10 > explained here:
11 >
12 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:AMD64/Multilib_layout
13
14 The 17.1 profiles are soon to be marked stable, so I went ahead and
15 migrated a little over a week ago, following the draft news item Michał
16 Górny recently posted to -dev. FWIW, the migration seemed to go
17 smoothly and I haven't noticed anything breaking except
18 app-office/kmymoney won't build, apparently because the ebuild expects
19 something to be in /lib which isn't there any more. But one dev said
20 it builds fine on his 17.1 test system, so I dunno. I filed a bug,
21 <https://bugs.gentoo.org/686750>.